Denis Savard sat down with Ice Hockey Systems for a coaching webinar this past week. In the webinar, Denis showed off the new Chicago Blackhawks 2015 Stanley Cup ring, his office in Chicago and discussed coaching techniques with viewers.
Additionally, Chris Howard (President of IHS) and Nils Satterstrom (Founder of IHS) joined the webinar to discuss new features on Ice Hockey Systems. They give a brief overview of new coaching resources along with discussing Ice Hockey System’s new program called Blueprint, which is a platform for youth hockey organizations.
Watch the webinar below:
Lean more about Ice Hockey Systems:
Ice Hockey Systems is the premier online resource for hockey coaches of all levels. The online platform gives coaches access to over 450 drills, systems and coaching videos from Denis Savard.
After the webinar, Denis spent time reflecting on his playing and coaching career.
The questions Denis addressed in the interview are listed below:
1. (0:25) What’s your earliest memory playing hockey?
2. (1:22) Why do you think hockey is the greatest game in the world?
3. (2:36) What’s your first memory in the NHL, being drafted by the Blackhawks?
4. (4:00) What’s your most memorable goal in your NHL career?
5. (4:40) How’d you pull off the spin-o-rama and what was the process behind it?
6. (6:17) What makes a good teammate?
7. (7:59) What was the feeling of hoisting the Stanley Cup in 1993?
8. (10:52) What advice can you give to young players trying to make their way?
9. (11:42) What was your favorite thing about coaching hockey?
10. (13:03) How did you keep your players accountable and what advice can you give other coaches?
11. (17:13) How would you get your players prepared for a big game?
12. (19:06) What advice do you have for young hockey coaches?
13. (20:49) What made you become a partner at ice hockey systems?