Oct. 11, 1980 Denis Savard scores his first NHL goal vs. Denis Herron of the Canadiens at the Montreal Forum (sequence from Soiree du Hockey, Radio-Canada).
Denis Savard, wearing a GoPro, and Steve Larmer skated with the current Blackhawks at Training Camp Festival.
Denis Savard tests a passenger's hockey knowledge in a two part video series called Blackhawks Bucks presented by Uber.
Go behind the scenes with Denis Savard at the All-Star Celebrity Shootout during the 2017 NHL All-Star Weekend.
Denis Savard suited up and took the ice with the Blackhawks for the national anthem prior to Sunday’s tilt with the Montreal Canadiens. Take a look at the video below:
Current and former Chicago Blackhawk & NHL superstars were out in full force to support The Denis Savard Foundation’s 7th Annual Celebrity Golf Classic. The Golf Classic took place July 18th at the Edgewood Valley Country Club in La Grange, IL.
Blackhawks Head Coach Joel Quenneville was the 2016 Honoree of the classic. Lucky attendees scored a signed vintage Hartford Whalers Coach Q jersey. Below are a few sights and sounds of the event. Thank you to all who made the Celebrity Golf Classic a success!
The event benefited the charities listed below:
The Celebrities of the 7th Annual Celebrity Golf Classic:
Denis Savard is one of the most celebrated hockey players to lace up the skates. In 1980 he was drafted by the Chicago Blackhawks 3rd overall and tallied 75 points in his rookie season. He quickly rose to the top of the NHL as a superstar with the Blackhawks. After 10 seasons in Chicago he was traded to his hometown Montreal Canadiens where he won a Stanley Cup in 1993.
Known for the “Spin-o-rama,” Denis became one of the most popular and electrifying players to watch in the National Hockey League. At the end of his storied career, Savard played in 1,196 NHL games and amassed 473 goals and 865 assists, totaling 1338 points. Denis was inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame on November 13, 2000.
In the video below, Denis talks about his storied career and what is most important to him.
Denis Savard sat down with Ice Hockey Systems for a coaching webinar this past week. In the webinar, Denis showed off the new Chicago Blackhawks 2015 Stanley Cup ring, his office in Chicago and discussed coaching techniques with viewers.
Additionally, Chris Howard (President of IHS) and Nils Satterstrom (Founder of IHS) joined the webinar to discuss new features on Ice Hockey Systems. They give a brief overview of new coaching resources along with discussing Ice Hockey System’s new program called Blueprint, which is a platform for youth hockey organizations.
Watch the webinar below:
Lean more about Ice Hockey Systems:
Ice Hockey Systems is the premier online resource for hockey coaches of all levels. The online platform gives coaches access to over 450 drills, systems and coaching videos from Denis Savard.
After the webinar, Denis spent time reflecting on his playing and coaching career.
The questions Denis addressed in the interview are listed below:
1. (0:25) What’s your earliest memory playing hockey?
2. (1:22) Why do you think hockey is the greatest game in the world?
3. (2:36) What’s your first memory in the NHL, being drafted by the Blackhawks?
4. (4:00) What’s your most memorable goal in your NHL career?
5. (4:40) How’d you pull off the spin-o-rama and what was the process behind it?
6. (6:17) What makes a good teammate?
7. (7:59) What was the feeling of hoisting the Stanley Cup in 1993?
8. (10:52) What advice can you give to young players trying to make their way?
9. (11:42) What was your favorite thing about coaching hockey?
10. (13:03) How did you keep your players accountable and what advice can you give other coaches?
11. (17:13) How would you get your players prepared for a big game?
12. (19:06) What advice do you have for young hockey coaches?
13. (20:49) What made you become a partner at ice hockey systems?